AN ORDER CONSTITUTING THE MUNICIPAL TOURISM DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL COMPOSITION AND ITS DUTIES AND FUCNTIONS OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF IROSIN, IROSIN, SORSOGON
WHEREAS, the state declares tourism as an indispensable element of the national economy and an industry of national interest and importance, which must be harnessed as an engine of socio-economic growth and cultural affirmation to generate investment, foreign exchange and employment, and continue to mold and enhanced sense of national pride of all Filipinos;
WHEREAS, pursuant to Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as Local Government Code of 1991, Local Government Units (LGUs) shall prepare, adopt, implement and monitor their local tourism purposes;
WHEREAS, LGUs shall adopt the principle of sustainable tourism development in the formulation of their local tourism development plans to give due regard to the conservation of natural endowments and preservation of cultural heritage while according opportunity to local communities to achieve a better quality of life.
WHEREAS, in view of the assumption into the office by the new set of local officials, it is imperative to re-organize the membership of the Municipal Tourism Development Council;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, ALFREDO J. CIELO, JR., Municipal Mayor of Irosin, Sorsogon by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the constitution of the Municipal Tourism Development Council as an coordinating and advisory body for the Municipal Tourism Development efforts.
SECTION 1: Composition: The Municipal Tourism Development Council shall be composed of the following:
Hon. Alfredo J. Cielo, Jr., Municipal Mayor
Hon. Teresita V. Futalan, SB Committee Chairperson on Tourism
Mr. Francis G. Ubalde, Municipal Tourism Officer / Secretariat
- Eduardo B. Berwega, Vice Chairperson on Tourism
- Melchor O. Michelena, SB Committee Chairperson on Transportation
- Lorna B. Padura, Municpal Administrator
- Noel D. Mercado II, Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator
- Ma. Bella A. Nares, Dep. Ed. Schools Supervisor
- PCI Edwin C. Adora, COP, PNP Irosin
- Garner Marcos C. Frilles, MILGOO / DILG
- Claire G. Rellama, Municipal Information Officer
- Nimfa B. Ferolino, Municipal Agriculture Officer
- Belinda Dogillo, MARPO
- Felix G. Ortile, Municipal Budget Officer
- Rommel Hapa Radio Natin Station Administrator
- Jose F. Hugo, KABALIKAT CIVICOM
- Representative Irosin Bantay Gubat
- Edgar F. Garcia Owner, EFG Cable TV
- Mercuria Guerrero, Irosin Market Vendors & Farmers Asso.
- Stella Marie G. Fortes, Owner, Kobi’s Resto Bar
- Josefina J. Cielo, Owner/Proprietor Cielo’s Garden Resort
- Teresita Villavert, Owner/Proprietor 401K Resort
- Liberty Borigas, Owner/Proprietor Borigas Hills Resort
- Romeo Villanueva, Owner/Proprietor Vi-da Guest Resort
- Rodolfo G. Santiago, Manager, Tropical Hot Spring Inc.
- Leonida E. Belmonte, Manager, Agua Dolce Spring Resort
- Raul R. Hugo, Manager, Amaru Resort Inc.
SECTION 2. Duties and Functions: The following shall be the duties and functions of the Municipal Tourism Development Council:
- Formulate strategic plan or framework plan to develop and enhance the tourism potentials and tourism industry in the Municipality of Irosin;
- Coordinate every tourism events and programs in the community;
- Formulate programs and recommendation to develop local tourism facilities and attraction tapping local and outside resources and funds;
- Assist in the regulation and supervision of tourism – oriented establishments thereby ensuring wholesome and clean tourism activities;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of the Local Government Code particularly on the matter of licensing of tourism establishment in the locality in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay of the tourists and travelers.
SECTION 3. Effectivity: This order shall take effect immediately upon approval.
Done in the Municipality of Irosin, Sorsogon, this 21th day of July, 2016
ALFREDO J. CIELO, JR.