image_pdfimage_print

Protective Services

The local police and the fire fighting force primarily undertake the protective services and maintenance of peace and order. These include 21 PNP officers and 12 fire personnel. There are also barangay tanods stationed and mobilized in all barangays supporting the local police force in maintaining peace and order in the locality. In terms of building and facilities for protective services, a police station is located beside the public market and a jail is located in the municipal hall. There is a fire station located in San Juan beside the Municipal Health Office. To facilitate the delivery of services and provide immediate action when circumstances demands, the local police force continue reading : Protective Services

Employment and Income

As regards to labor and employment, of the 22,618 economically active population 15 years old and above in 1995, those considered in the labor force totaled 20,040 or 88.6% and the remaining 2,578 or 11.4% are not considered in the labor force. Of the 20,040 in the labor force, 17,755 or 88.6% are totally or partially employed in agriculture and non-agriculture sector while 2,285 or 11.4% are totally unemployed. Of the employed labor force, 10,138 or 50.58% are in the agriculture sector, 7,617 or 38.0% are in the non-agriculture sector, 5,966 are in the service sector while 1,651 are in the trading sector. The employment status by major industry groups continue reading : Employment and Income

Housing

Population growth pushes the housing subsector to a critical situation. In 1995, Irosin had a deficiency of 490 dwelling units after taking into account the actual number of doubled-up households, potential new households, number of losses due to obsolescence and unacceptable dwelling units. In the year 2000, the projected housing demand is 577 units and then 1,712 units by the year 2005.

Education

Irosin has complete learning institutions from preparatory to college education. The poblacion barangays have one elementary school, the Irosin Central School, while all rural barangays have primary-elementary schools. There are 5 preparatory schools, 25 elementary schools and 1 college. There are 25 public elementary schools with complete grade level while there are 3 primary schools in three urban barangays. Two of the three public secondary schools are national high schools.

Health

The primary health care service provider is the Municipal Health Office. The MHO is administered by the Municipal Health Officer and a pool of medical personnel composed of one dentist, two nurses, one medical technologist, nine midwives, one sanitary inspector and one dental aide. There is also the Municipal Nutrition Action Officer who coordinates nutrition-related programs, projects and activities in the municipality. The practice of community-based health care delivery is carried out by mobilizing the 250 Barangay Health Workers (BHWs) and the 50 Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) providing assistance to professional health personnel particularly midwives during health care activities in the barangays. The major local government health facilities consist of continue reading : Health