EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 018 Series 2016
AN ORDER ORGANIZING THE MUNICIPAL ECOLOGICAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARD IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF IROSIN, SORSOGON, PROVIDING FOR ITS FUNCTIONS AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
WHEREAS, the Republic Act No. 9003, otherwise known as the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000, especially Section 11 thereof provided for the creation of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Board;
WHEREAS, pressing issues and concerns related to Solid Waste Management in the Municipality of Irosin require management actions as mandated by RA 9003;
WHEREAS, the Municipality of Irosin is committed to support the attainment of sustainable development and the provision of environment friendly place for its populace; and
WHEREAS, there is a need to formulate a 6-Year Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) Plan that would provide focus, direction and guidelines to achieve the project goal of the Municipal Local Government Unit;
NOW, THEREFORE, premises considered, I, ALFREDO J. CIELO, JR., by the power vested in me by law as the Mayor of the Municipality of Irosin, hereby order the following:
SECTION 1: Composition: Municipal Ecological Solid Waste Management Board (MESWMB). The Municipal Ecological Solid Waste Management Board (MESWMB) of the Municipality of Irosin is hereby reconstituted to be composed of the following:
HON. ALFREDO J. CIELO, JR., Municipal Mayor
LORNA B. PADURA, Municipal Administrator
- MR. NOEL D. MERCADO II, Municipal Planning and Development Officer
- BENJAMIN M. GABIONZA, Municipal Engineer
- MRS. NIMFA B. FEROLINO, Municipal Agriculture Officer
- FELIX G. ORTILE, Municipal Budget Officer
- ADONIS E. FORTES, Municipal Treasurer
- EDUARDO E. BERWEGA, SB Chairman, Committee on Environment and Natural Resources and Environmental Protection
- HON. TERESITA V. FUTALAN, SB Chairman, Committee on Agriculture
- SALOME E. NAVALES, SB Chairman, Committee on Public Health and Sanitation
- MRS. MARIA G. REYES, ABC President
- DRA. NERISSA B. TAGUM, Municipal Health Officer
- MARCUS GARNER FRILLES, Municipal Local Government Operational Officer
- MRS. MA. BELLA A. NARES, Irosin District Supervisor
Each member of the board may designate his/her permanent alternative in case of his/her absence.
SECTION 2. Functions and Responsibilities. The MESWMB shall have the following functions and responsibilities.
- Develop a Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan which will be submitted to the Sangguniang Bayan for adoption;
- Provide the necessary logistic and operational support for an effective implementation of the approved Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan;
- Recommend measures and safeguard against pollution and for preservation of the natural ecosystem;
- Recommend measures to general resources, funding and implementation of projects and activities as specified in the duly approved Solid Waste Management Plans;
- Identify areas within the municipality which have common solid waste management problems as basis for planning local solid waste management services;
- Coordinate efforts of the respective Barangays in the implementation of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan;
- Develop and appropriate incentive scheme as an integral component of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan;
- Convene meetings of the Municipal Ecological Solid Waste Management Board at least quarterly for the purpose of integrating, synchronizing, monitoring and evaluating the development and implementation of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan;
- Represent the municipality and component Barangays in coordinating the resource operational requirements with agencies of the provincial and national government;
- Oversee the implementation of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan;
- Conduct yearly review of as needs arises, the Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan for the purpose of ensuring its sustainability, viability, effectiveness and relevance in relation to local and international developments in the fields of solid waste management;
- Allow clustering of Barangay to solve common Solid Waste Management problems; and
- Call on any concerned agency or sector as it may deem necessary, for support and other appropriation action.
SECTION 3. Composition of the Municipal Technical Working Group on Ecological Solid Waste
Management (MTWG-ESWM) in the Municipality of Irosin. The MTWG on ESWM is hereby re-constituted to compose the technical staff of the members of the Board and it shall serve as the working arm of the Municipality ESWM Board, as follows:
MA. NERISSA B. TAGUM, Municipal Health Officer
ENGR. BENJAMIN M. GABIONZA, Municipal Engineer
FELIX G. ORTILE, Municipal Budget Officer
MRS. NIMFA B. FEROLINO, Municipal Agriculture Officer
MARCUS GARNER FRILLES, Municipal Local Government Operation Officer
MRS. MA. BELLA NARES, DepEd/Irosin District Supervisor
MRS. MARIA G. REYES, ABC President
Each member of the MTWG-ESWM may designate his/her permanent alternate to attend meetings and other activities of the MTWG.
SECTION 4. Functions of the MTWG shall the following specific functions:
- Formulates the schedule of the key tasks to be uncertain on the project of the municipality;
- Obtain information on and gain understanding of the promising innovation practices of the other LGUs and organizations;
- Review documents, monitor and evaluate the current municipal and Barangay practices, programs and policies;
- Facilitate broad-based consensus on short and long term strategies of the municipality;
- Formulate strategic action program based on multi-sectoral consensus and recommend actions for the establishment/ strengthening of permanent MLGU based office that can manage the program on the term;
- Formulate enabling ordinances to implement the program;
- Develop information campaign plan to promote the program;
- Manage the conduct of technical training to enhance the capability of the Municipal TWG;
- Recommend action to the MESWM Board.
SECTION 5. Working Norms and Arrangements. The Municipal Working Group has the following norms and arrangements.
- The members of the MTWG shall commit assistance of their respective offices to the project within the purview of their offices mandates and functions.
- The MTWG shall call on the other agencies and special programs for the assistance in the performance of its functions, directly or through the office of the Municipal mayor or the other concerned offices/ agencies as the case may be.
- The MTWG shall formulate its own internal working rules and procedures.
- The MTWG shall render report to the Municipal ESWM Board.
SECTION 6. Funding and Operation of MTWG. Considering the limited funding resources, the following shall be observed in the operation of the MTWG.
- Expenses of members of the MTWG shall be charged to their respective offices, subjects to accounting and auditing procedures. Common expenses and other cost maybe agreed upon and shared by members of the MTWG.
- The MTWG is hereby directed to meet regularly and draw up courses of action for its efficient and effective operation.
SECTION 7. Secretariat. The MPDC and ESWM — MTWG shall provide administrative and technical support services to the MEWMB.
SECTION 8. Amendatory Clause. This Executive Order amends all order and other directives inconsistent herewith.
SECTION 9. Effectively. This Order shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
Done this 26th day of August 2016 at Municipality of Irosin, Province of Sorsogon.
ALFREDO J. CIELO, JR.